Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Lino to Review Food Chains

I have created a Lino account so that I could become more familiar with the site because I like its capabilities much more than Wallwisher’s even though I feel Wallwisher is a much simpler tool to use. I like the ability to add media to my wall which Lino provides. Both sites are interactive wikis at heart and I will likely use both of them in them in my future teaching endeavors. The educational purpose for the page I created in Lino is to review the content matter of life cycles and energy transfer which students learn about in third grade Science. I have posted two videos and an image that relates to this topic as well as an open ended question that students will answer b adding a sticky note to my wall in Lino. This will likely be used as a homework assignment so the image and the videos are simply there for their reviewing purposes. The nice thing about this tool is that all of the supplemental material can be located in one place so the students don’t need to go searching the web to find answers. I think this could be a great tool to use for homework assignments and I’m sure it can easily be used for other educational purposes as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment